Hi! We do professional reviews of website builders
- Honesty in testing of each product
- Independence in high rating to only the very best
- The most relevant information driven by research.
Scroll down if you would like to explore
will help you to select
a perfect Website Builder
Compare FREE Website Builders
- Premade Themes
- Mobile support
- Domain Name
- Premade Themes
- Mobile support
- Domain Name
- Premade Themes
- Mobile support
- Domain Name
- Premade Themes
- Mobile support
- Domain Name
- Premade Themes
- Mobile support
- Domain Name
- Premade Themes
- Mobile support
- Domain Name
We checked0website builders
and we will help to choose
the most relevant for you
to pick up the right website
builder. We will help you too
Website Builders: TOP-10
Website Builder is a specialized online service that allows you to create a website quickly and easily by yourself without possessing technical knowledge and skills. The site is hosted in the cloud – a remote hosting server; its maintenance is handled by a team of administrators without user intervention. Designers have boxed web services with an intuitive interface – they are bundled with hosting, CMS-engine, templates and other functionality. Editing of pages, design of the template and general setting of the site occurs online through the control panel.
There are a huge number of designers for creating websites. Website designers are systems that allow full-fledged resources online creating for earning and promoting some business. Projects created by the constructor have a high level of security: protection against various attacks on the service, separately to a resource and from viruses, spam filtering. It is necessary to take into account the fact that every year there are more designers, so making the choice is more and more difficult. In this regard, we have selected the top 10 website builders and designed it in the form of a selection with descriptions.
Website Builders: who are the frequent users?
Most often website builders are used in order to:
- to create a website within a small business;
- to organize and maintain a personal blog;
- to create eCommerce websites of various directions;
- to organize online stores.
You can do without the help of the website builders if:
- you are a HTML/CSS specialist;
- you are an active user of WordPress;
- you have an intention to create Facebook once again.
Website builders are not suitable for everyone. But it can be a good option for the budget start of the project. The main thing is to choose a normal designer, set it up and fill the site with high-quality and useful content – then it will be completely unimportant to the visitors of your website, your website or CMS works on the designer, it will be important that the website helps to solve their problems or problems.
Best 2019 Website Builders
The following list includes only those ones that may be of interest from a practical or introductory point of view.
№ 1 WIX – ease of use and optimal pricing
- Many proprietary and third-party applications that allow you to implement specific or simply advanced functionality on sites;
- Beautiful templates in a wide range, the richest possibilities for customizing page layouts;
- Separate editing of site versions for PC and smartphones;
- A large set of widgets, a rich library of stock graphics;
- Wix ADI – a tool for automated assembly sites, useful for beginners;
- Wix Code – management of scripts and databases of the site for advanced users;
- Excellent SEO-master will help beginners without knowledge correctly optimize the site for promotion;
- Comfortable, nice looking control panel and editor;
- Discounts reaching 50%.
- On the free tariff plan, the subdomain is very long and complex in format – login.wix.com/sitename;
- By default, the auto-renewal of the tariff is turned on after the first payment – do not forget about it or turn it off in order to avoid unplanned debiting of funds;
- The control panel has a very ramified structure, you need to get used to it.
Website builder with a large margin of opportunity to create sites with an interesting design. A huge number of ready-made templates of excellent quality, coupled with an advanced visual editor allow you to create bright, memorable sites with minimal skills.
Beginners will enjoy Wix ADI – the technology of automatic assembly of sites based on the information provided about the business. Experienced will help Code – a means of working with the site code and databases to create chains of automatic action algorithms.
The editor is simple, convenient, allows you to fine-tune the parameters of virtually every element on the page.
There are a lot of widgets and submission layouts. Also, you will have an application store for several hundred positions of useful add-ons for marketing, design, promotion, various integrations, and other things. There is a built-in blog, a forum, and a good quality store, as well as applications for SEO, appointments, sales of digital content, tickets and other things. Powerful website builder for creative newcomers of any field of activity.
It is worth considering that paid tariffs are the most expensive when compared with competitors. But frequent shares allow you to purchase them for 50% of the cost.
The most basic paid tariff plan Wix is well suited for businesses that need an inexpensive website with their own domain. However, we do not recommend this plan to business owners, because you will pay $ 4.50 per month (if you subscribe for a year, the monthly subscription costs $ 7 per month), but at the same time advertising of the service will still appear on your website Wix.
In the Connect Domain plan, you can replace the bulky name like smith332.wixsite.com/mysite with your own domain name, which can be the same as your business or blog name. Also, the traffic limit of your site will increase to 1 GB. This completes the additional features of the Connect Domain tariff plan. The storage space is the same as with a free subscription – 500 MB, and you still have to put up with advertising Wix service on your site. Despite the fact that this option is much cheaper than the equivalent tariff plans of other website designers, it is often not worth the money spent.
№ 2 SiteBuilder – quality website in a few minutes
- The range of templates covers about 40 business niches;
- A full package of specialized widgets, including a service calculator;
- An excellent set of communications: callback, chat, forms, pop-up windows, social networks;
- Easy to master from scratch;
- Affordable cost.
- Not very convenient management of blog entries;
- The option to edit the code is available only on the senior tariff plan.
SiteBuilder.com website builder has a clear toolbar with many customizable tools, as well as a simple and honest approach. Even if you have minimal knowledge in this area or you don’t have it at all, you can create a quality website for your blog or business without having to write a single line of code.
It all starts with the fact that the client chooses a free and indefinite domain, and then proceeds to the choice of a template from thousands of available options. Why choose SiteBuilder?
- Free domain name;
- $ 300 Free Advertising;
- No skills needed;
- Over 10,000 awesome free templates;
- Many addons.
In the SiteBuilder.com builder, thousands of free custom templates that look and function more than professionally. They are set up in such a way that a user can quickly publish his blog, portfolio, resume or online store, and not list everything! Most templates have an undoubtedly good design, but some need a little refinement. Fortunately, in the designer, you can customize any template so that it fits into the style you have planned. Patterns are grouped into various categories. Examples of available categories:
- Hotels and Travel;
- Life style;
- Music and entertainment;
- Pets and animals;
- The photo;
- Professional Services;
- Restaurants and cafes;
While using Sitebuilder.com you will find stunning galleries that are suitable for both video and images. For artists, this is a great way to show your work, given that for each gallery there are opportunities for customization.
SiteBuilder has 5 different tariff plans, and all of them are quite affordable. The free tariff plan is quite limited, and the tariff plan Pro removes all these restrictions and allows users to add as many pages as they need to their site and removes advertising banners from the site. Premium and eCommerce tariff plans include all the features of the free tariff plan, as well as access to additional SEO tools, free email and priority technical support.
Please note that you can sell products and receive money for them only on the eCommerce tariff plan. Like most other similar services, SiteBuilder shows on its website prices that are relevant only, as they say, for the first time. That is why we advise you to subscribe for the longest period possible. After that, the prices will still increase: even if not by much, but the difference can reach 100% (depending on the tariff you choose) from the original price.
№ 3 Site123.com – website builder for beginners, where the user can quickly assemble a business card, blog, landing page or online store
- Despite its simplicity, Site123.com offers quite a few possibilities for creating and customizing a site;
- Convenient adding pages with different content;
- Adaptability of templates for different devices;
- The ability to quickly add plug-ins – analytics, tools for marketing and web development, chat with customer support.
- Any user is able to create a site by Site123.com, but you can forget about deep tuning of the appearance and structure. Change the color, font, replace images and the location of elements on the page, rewrite the text – this ends the editing. Is this a minus? The answer depends on the user’s skills and aims. To create a simple business card such a set will be enough.
Before you start creating a site, you need to change the interface language. The system is localized in 15 languages, but English is selected by default. You can change the language on the tab of the same name in the user profile. Site123.com is doing everything to make the process of creating a website simple and interesting. The service tries to protect the novice webmaster from unnecessary tools, so at the first stage he asks what type of site the user will collect.
The visual editor works in an unusual way. If in other constructors the webmaster edits the pages directly, checking the result through the preview function, then on Site123.com all actions are performed through the side menu. It’s unusual to work at first, but this approach deserves attention – the webmaster constantly monitors how the site is displayed on the monitors of ordinary users.
Another handy feature – switching the type of site. A single-page template opens for editing, but you can switch to a multi-page site with the content saved. The blocks will turn into pages, links to which will be fixed in the menu.
Well, the juice – recently this designer has updated its functionality, adding the ability to create multilingual sites. Now you no longer need to create several separate sites to maintain different language versions. One account with a paid rate is enough and up to 5 language localizations can be added to the site.
In addition, for each language version it is possible to connect your own domain name, which is very convenient in terms of promoting the project to different countries. Editing of multi language content is also simplified to the maximum – there are two parts in the opened dialog box. In the left – the original content of the site, in the right – the localization content (headings and subtitles are translated automatically). If desired, or with incorrect autotranslation, localized content is easily replaced with your own. Conveniently.
The editor panel itself is very simple and consists of 4 sections. Everything is intuitively clear: you need to change the look, work on the tab “Design”; It is necessary to change the SEO parameters of the page – section “Settings” to help. With the promotion of sites created by Site123.com, there are no problems. The service offers a classic set of SEO-optimization, including a title, description, keywords and editing sitemap.xml file. In plug-ins there is a separate section in which you can connect tools from Google and Yandex.
There are no templates at Site123.com: the webmaster chooses the type of site and gets a standard layout that can be edited at its discretion. The main work on customizing the appearance is made on the tab “Design”, consisting of 6 sections:
- Templates – selection of page structure from 12 options;
- Style – edit the color scheme, buttons;
- Fonts – change the type, font size;
- Menu settings – add phone, address, search, social network buttons;
- Footer layouts — select a site’s footer style, add social network buttons, and mailing buttons;
- Favicon and social images – download images that will be used when displaying a site in search engines and placing links on social networks.
There are few customization tools, so it’s impossible to customize the design seriously. But for beginner webmasters, this is rather a plus – restrictions will not allow spoiling the look of the site. Site123.com provides a wide range of service plans, depending on user requirements. When switching to a paid rate, the user receives a domain as a gift. The cost of the Premium is really high, so before moving on to it, you should carefully examine the design features in the free mode. Even if he doesn’t like it so much, then the price of $ 3 per month will seem ridiculous.
№ 4 Jimdo.com – focuses on small business entrepreneurs
- Pretty strong functionality that allows you to create a large number of types of sites (except for the forum and the portal, perhaps);
- High-quality templates with convenient customization of their appearance;
- Convenient, albeit peculiar, visual editor.
- The presence of widgets that can to some extent expand the capabilities of the engine;
- Well-designed help section.
- There are few templates, all hope for their deep customization or the creation from scratch of their own;
- SEO optimization in full is possible only on tariff plan 2;
- Half of the functionality is not available for review at a free rate. The latter, in fact, is not needed at all. It would be better to have made a fully functional trial period. You still have to pay, so honestly;
- The design of the control panel, though simple, is not very convenient, it requires some getting used to;
- The cost of tariffs looks too high.
Jimdo.com is suitable for inexperienced users to create their first site. The visual editor is easy to use, moderately functional, although its ergonomics are odd – the elements are not placed as expected. Some of them are unnecessarily large, others – on the contrary, small ones. Jimdo.com audience – entrepreneurs who want to create a business card in support of the business. Photographers who need a portfolio, musicians, makeup artists and others.
Jimdo.com does not have any branded tools that will help more / faster to promote the site. The range of only a basic set of features: setting SEO, robots.txt, redirects and sitemap.xml. It seems to be not bad, but there is a problem: this functionality becomes available in parts as the tariff plan grows. That is, on the freebie you will have the opportunity to fill in SEO parameters for the whole site. And that’s all. On Pro, the CNC and SEO settings will be added for each individual page of the site. And only on Business you will get access to redirects, robots.txt and sitemap.xml.
Immediately, we note that the free tariff is not suitable for creating a website being promoted. One reason is enough for this – it is impossible to connect a third-party domain. The rest is unimportant. Grieved and the fact that the system does not have a trial period for testing the full functionality. By Free, many features are not available. In half of the admin menus, you will be asked to pay for opening preferential functions hidden from your eyes.
Jimdo.com demonstrates a typical western approach to product sales. This leaves an imprint on it, entails both advantages and disadvantages.
Jimdo.com is a typical commercial project. Developers in places too clearly want money from the user, which is slightly frightening. The designer is decent, but not without flaws. It would be better if they were not, after all, it is not cheap.
№ 5 Squarespace.com – universal websiye builder to create a beautiful site from scratch or using ready-made templates
- Hosting and third level domain;
- 14 days trial version of all features of the designer;
- Active English-speaking community in the official forum;
- High-quality customer support by email and chat;
- Beautiful and free templates for different business areas that look great on mobile devices;
- Free domain with the annual purchase of the tariff;
- Purchase a domain through Squarespace or transfer an existing domain;
- Free 2048-bit SSL certificate for domain and WHOIS privacy;
- A large number of different integrations with other services;
- API and documentation for developers;
- The site is backed up on backup servers. If the main system fails, it will switch to these others in order to restore the service almost instantly;
- If you delete the pages of the site, you can restore them from the special basket within 30 days.
- Free sites contain a familiar advertising banner;
- To work effectively you need knowledge of at least HTML;
- The built-in templates (not premium, but regular ones) are quite simple, most of them are outdated.
Squarespace.com serves more than a million websites. Its users use pre-created website templates and various drag and drop widgets to add items such as text and images. Squarespace.com developers create custom templates that are sold to users.
On-screen instructions help users perform actions such as search engine optimization and customizing e-commerce. Squarespace.com was originally created to create and host blogs. But e-commerce features were soon added, such as integration with Stripe to accept credit card payments.
Squarespace.com is a very simple and thoughtful website builder, the functionality of which is suitable for creating websites of any complexity: from a blog to an online store. The designer allows you to easily create a website in visual mode without programming knowledge. For experienced users, webmasters and freelancers have the ability to edit the source code, insert their own scripts and styles. Squarespace.com supports the following languages: English, German, Spanish, French, Italian, Portuguese.
The visual editor allows you to easily drag and drop images onto your website and easily move, add and delete page sections. You can make your website unique with customizable settings, including fonts and colors. The functionality of the Squarespace.com blogs is complemented by images, galleries, video and audio. Thanks to the RSS feed, your readers will never miss a post. Publish your content through Apple News directly from your blog to reach more readers.
The cost of the Squarespace website designer is divided into several tariffs:
- Online stores.
All Squarespace.com fares include our fully managed cloud hosting service that ensures your website is always available.
№ 6 GoDaddy.com – service for creating sites in the form of a designer with a custom design, domain connection, hosting and email for business
- Flexible customization of template design;
- The possibility of free publishing landing page on your domain;
- Nice control panel interface;
- Convenient built-in blog;
- There is a logo designer;
- The creation of multilingual sites is supported.
- A small number of ready-made templates;
- High cost store rate.
GoDaddy.com is designed to create websites and online stores, as well as business cards, blogs and landing pages. The service allows you to create beautiful responsive websites with a popular flat design and widescreen blocks. The interface will be clear to both experienced users and beginners. Templates are attractive, there are about 60 of them.
The built-in tools of the GoDaddy.com designer will help to create unique page layouts. The emphasis is on the effects, elaboration of fonts and the design of individual sections. There is a designer logo.
The service is well suited for creating multilingual sites – here is one of the best, most convenient interfaces for this. You can work in a team by giving access to the control panel to accounts registered in the system. It is possible to insert code that allows you to add integration of third-party applications. The submission of SEO-tools is convenient, the checklist will help to orient beginners. You can use it for free to publish a landing page by attaching your domain to it.
The Combo Tariff Plan already offers really good opportunities, and we believe that this is the best option for a small business. The cost is $ 8.50 per month if you are subscribing for a year, and $ 12 per month if monthly. The biggest advantage of the Combo plan is that you can connect the site to your own domain and remove annoying ads. But there is an important note: if you pay the Combo tariff monthly, you cannot choose your domain name. Since this opportunity is one of the main reasons for switching to the Combo tariff, this is very important information. You also will not be able to receive promotional vouchers worth $ 75 with a monthly subscription. For many users, the Combo tariff plan is all that is needed to launch and work with the website. If, of course, you do not need an online store, then we recommend the eCommerce tariff plan.
№ 7 Weebly.com – to create websites on this service, different widgets are used, thanks to which the process of building a page in the visual editor is performed with a few clicks.
- Nice interface design;
- Zero Block – create your own sections;
- Good design customization;
- You can export site files;
- Inserting the code will add any integration;
- Rich typography;
- Easy to learn for beginners.
- High cost on the background of direct competitors;
- Weak blog and average store;
- SEO tools could be more comfortable;
- There are no built-in conversion analyzers or AB tester for landing pages.
- All templates are single-page, their design is different, so it is inconvenient to create multi-page websites from such a set;
- Not suitable for the development of voluminous sites.
The Weebly.com constructor is best suited for creating one-page sites, but not only landing pages, but also long-links – content sites from 1 page to several screens. The visual editor allows you to collect page layouts from a variety of ready-made sections, the design of which can be flexibly customized.
Particular attention is paid to the fonts and everything connected with them. There are effects and user section designer, Zero Block, with which you can create as many variations of your blocks as you like, which is already in the default editor.
The average volume of external integrations via the interface is supported; the rest, if needed, need to be added to the site via code. All templates are single-page, which is not very convenient. There is a built-in CRM entry level, simple and convenient. In addition to business cards, you can create shops and blogs, although they are rather weak – this is not the main profile of the service. A set of tools for SEO-optimization is standard, there are no branded chips. The service is suitable for beginners and designers.
№ 8 Yola.com – this constructor is the best for creating stores
- Good store in terms of functionality;
- Simple control panel;
- Affordable cost of business fare;
- There is synchronization with 1C, although it is paid;
- You can transfer the created site to another hosting, also for a fee.
- In the free version, users can use only 100 megabytes of disk space;
- The average quality of the templates, a weak visual editor;
- The complexity of the tariff scale, the high cost of the store;
- Lags in the control panel.
You can also create business cards and landing pages, but in these areas the result is average. There are many patterns, they are colorful, but among them there are a lot of replays, repainted and slightly modified. Much of them look obsolete, although they do not cause any obvious rejection. Pattern customization tools are weak. Major changes need to be made through CSS styles. A set of SEO tools is above average, enough settings.
The service is suitable for entrepreneurs who need a medium-sized store. It is notable for the integration of warehouse and accounting applications from 1C, although this possibility is paid, not cheap. The functionality is sufficient, although the same integration (live chat, social networks, etc.) needs to be added purely through the code – there are no tabs in the interface for quick connection. The control panel is comfortable, pleasant, but also feels outdated in terms of design. The designer is not bad, but when used it does not leave the feeling of dampness of many things.
As long as your site does not need to store a huge amount of data somewhere (for example, if you are not going to place a large number of high-resolution photos or a lot of video files on your website), 3 GB will be quite enough. It is also very unlikely that you will need at the very beginning more than 2 GB of traffic. The more traffic on your site, the more bandwidth should be. If the number of visitors increases, you will have to increase this figure. Then you have to go to a more suitable tariff plan.
Yola.com will warn you in advance if you get to the limit of bandwidth of your channel. When this happens, you will need to go to the tariff plan Unlimited, while you will not lose any money or data on your site. There is only one exception to this tariff plan: when the Yola.com service launches a promotion and makes a discount on the Unlimited plan, then it costs significantly less than the Combo. However, in this case, the promotional price is valid only for one year. Then you will be transferred to the original billing, and the Combo plan will again be the best option in terms of price-quality ratio.
№ 9 Doodlekit.com – simple website builder with a nice interface
- Convenient and intuitive management;
- Ability to integrate with popular services;
- The user can insert HTML-code on the site.
- The high cost of the standard fare;
- Few ready-made templates, the simplest possibilities for their customization;
- No auto save;
- No help section.
Allows you to create landing pages and multi-page sites. There is a reception of online payments (you can create a store) and other integration of popular services (amoCRM, Jivosite, GetResponse, etc.). SSL connects to the domain automatically. You can add your code to the site through the widget or from the settings menu in the header or footer of the site. A set of options for website promotion is usual – meta tags, service files, CNC, design of the type of link when added to social network tapes.
There is a simple built-in version of the CRM system. There are few ready-made templates. They are pleasant looking, consist of ready-made sections.
You can collect your own design variations from them, and then moderately edit the appearance of the individual elements inside the sections. This is done easily, the interface is nice. The downside is that in all scenarios the service almost falls short of competitors. It is expensive to create business cards ($ 10 / month), and shops are inexpedient. The main trump cards are simplicity, although it is not a unique feature, and an attractive interface. Premium Plan is the best choice for all those who need it:
- A large amount of traffic for the site;
- Plenty of storage space (photographers, designers);
- Confidence that the site has no traffic limits (organizers of events that distribute media content, or sites with daily offers, with a large amount of advertising partners, etc.);
- The price for a one-year subscription is $ 12.50 per month if you pay for the year right away and $ 16 per month per month; Wix now offers a 50% discount on a one-year subscription. This means that the first year you will pay $ 6.25 per month.
As the name implies, many users choose the Premium tariff plan because of unlimited traffic. In addition, there are other great offers:
- 10 GB of storage space;
- Premium Form Designer as an application;
- Website Designer as an application;
- $ 75 promotional voucher.
Note once again that there is a hidden trick: if you want to pay by the month, you will not have your own domain name and access to applications and vouchers.
№ 10 Webs.com – a modest choice of patterns, a very average quality majority
- Ability to install specialized applications to simplify the management of the store;
- Extremely cheap “First” tariff plan;
- The ability to order services in the ecosystem of the service;
- Simple and moderately user-friendly interface;
- Many templates from the standard set are suitable for creating a store.
- Weak ability to customize the design of templates;
- Strict limit on the number of photos to the goods;
- You can not massively upload photos to the server, which significantly slows down the workflow;
- To place goods above 1000 you need to additionally buy them;
- For a decent store, only the senior rate is suitable, which will have to buy goods, post photos and other things separately;
- The updated version of the editor works only with some templates.
The service is best suited for creating stores with up to 1000 products. However, it is still possible to collect business cards and landing pages. Single-page templates are just a couple, and those that should be suitable for creating business sites look like clones of each other. Except for 4-5 copies. Possibilities for customizing layouts are moderate. You can add ready-made sections, choosing from several options in different categories. The control panel interface is simple, suitable for use by beginners.
The most interesting thing is the ability to use the designer for $ 22.99 per unit. A side effect of free cheese is a signboard in the footer. That is, this proposal is not much different from free tariffs in other systems. Supported installation of applications from the finished set. For a fee, you can order many additional services. The service is famous for cheap domains, only their renewal will cost much more than 1 year of rent. Here you have to pay for everything, although initially the product may look interesting.